Every other year, the ‘Nederlandse Biotechnologische Vereniging’ gives the Zilveren Zandloper Innovation and the Zilveren Zandloper Education awards. These awards are given to a person/entrepreneur or group of people/entrepreneurs that have successfully turned science in one of the biotech fields into business or made a significant and innovative contribution to the education in biotechnology.
The awards will be presented at the Netherlands Biotechnology Congress NBC-18 that will take place on the 22nd of May. The prize consists of a trophy and € 2500,-.
The Education Award is given to one or more persons or an organisation that has made a significant contribution to biotechnology teaching and/or has been active in outreach programs on biotechnology. Anyone involved in HBO or academic education or outreach programmes on biotechnology are eligible.
The Innovation Award is given to one or more persons or an organisation that have successfully turned science into a product, service or business in one of the biotech areas. Eligible for this award are those that have made an outstanding contribution to the application of biotechnological research, e.g. by founding a company, filling a patent application or in any other way have successfully transferred knowledge from academia to industry.
- Candidates can be only nominated by a person working at a Dutch university, research institute or company;
- Candidates for the Zilveren Zandloper education award must be employed in the field of biotechnology in higher education (WO or HBO);
- Candidates for the Zilveren Zandloper innovation award have to be employed in the field of biotechnology in industry or academia;
- Candidates cannot nominate themselves;
- Candidates must not be informed about their nomination.
Deadline for nominations via a nomination form: March 31st 2018.
Presentation and award: 22nd of May 2018, During NBC-18
The jury consists of one member of the board of NBV and two external people. Decisions of the jury cannot be challenged.
Chairman innovation award:
Richard van Kranenburg (R.van.Kranenburg@corbion.com), +31(0)18 369 58 16
Chairman education award:
Peter-Leon Hagedoorn (P.L.Hagedoorn@tudelft.nl), Tel: +31(0)15 27 82 334